• 8 Free Range Eggs
• 1/2 cup Milk (I used goat, almond or cow is fine too)
• 6 Sage leaves torn up (do not chop)
• 1 Medium Sweet Potato
• 1/2 cup shredded Gouda (shredded)
• 1 1/2 cup Shoepeg Corn (frozen or shucked)
• 1 medium Vidalia Onion chopped
• 1 1/2 T Duck Fat (Brown Butter or Grapeseed Oil can be substituted as well)
• Pinch Sea Salt
• 5-10 turns Cracked Black Pepper
• 1 tsp Garlic Powder
1. Preheat Oven to 350′
2. Preheat sauté pan without oil, after it gets hot add 1T of Duck Fat, let turn into oil
3. Peel and chop sweet potato into small pieces and add to preheated oiled pan.
4. Add sage to pan after the sweet potatoes have almost browned to completion on both sides (it only needs to be in the pan for 1-2 minutes so it doesn’t burn)
5. Chop Vidalia onions while potatoes are cooking and add to pan with remaining duck fat after the potatoes are taken out.Review Android Smartphone
6. Sauté onions to a very light golden brown (do not burn) add to sweet potatoes when done.
7. Oil 8×8 Pan with piece of wax paper dipped in duck fat.
8. Spread sweet potatoes and onion mix in bottom of pan, pour egg mixture over the top and place in oven for 45 minutes.
9. Let cool, serve with Blanched Broccoli Rabe and Kale for a nice fresh crunch!
Extra: I drizzled chili oil on top of my veggies for a kick of heat!