Post Workout Breakfast.
I just worked out and I don’t want a protein shake.
Well, I don’t blame you, and neither do I.
Most often this will be one of my biggest meals during the day after fasting all night during my test and then through teaching morning classes followed by my own workout. By this point, I am READY. FOR. ACTION.
Here’s what I eat after a workout:
- 1 cup Steamed Spinach
- 1 cup Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 Fried Egg, 1 egg white
- 1/4 Avocado
- 3/4 cup Ground Turkey with chili
- Sautéed Mushrooms
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Black Cracked Pepper to taste
- Calories: 557
- Carbs & Protein help replenish your body’s energy stores
- increase muscle size and/or muscle quality
- repair any damage caused by the workout
Basically, this meal has got it all.
If you like to follow the 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of carbs to protein, skip the eggs or decrease the portion of both the turkey and eggs and double up on the squash and spinach.
This meal is bound to keep you full for hours so make sure the portion is right, if you start to feel full while eating- save half for 2 hours later. Also, make sure you have the time before being extremely active again if you’re prepping for a 2-a-day.
Sprinkle some crushed red pepper and black pepper and she’s a winner.
Eat your heart out kids.