Avocado Egg Toast ….
E.A.T. “Egg avocado Toast”
This is by far one of my favorite dishes post workout, breakfast…. Maybe even dinner some days. My mama always told me never trust a person who doesn’t like breakfast just kidding, that was me. #SolidRules
Avo-Toast is super simple: it is easy to make and delicious to eat. We are talking 3 main ingredients, so before you start with “I can’t cook, I don’t have time”… you can and you do.
We make time for things we find a priority. Your body, health and wellness should be at the top of that list. You only get one! Remember, our goals are to eat whole, real foods. Meals should consist of food with ingredients from the earth, not a box or a factory. Our body can process and utilize natural foods, but we encounter problems metabolically when we consume foods that are processed and contain gmo’s. Be smart- KNOW what you’re eating! There are good fats (HDL’s) and bad fats (LDL’s) … good fats are great for you and actually act as brain food. SCORE!
“Medicine recommends adults consume 20 to 35 percent of their calories per day from fat. For a 2,000-calorie diet that means consuming between 44 and 78 grams of fat per day.” read more
This pretty lil thang packs a mean punch nutritionally… protein, carbs, lipids- a major score on the macro pie chart for this star!!
- 1 Organic Egg
- 1/2 Lime
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Himalayan Salt
- 1 Slice Ezekiel Bread
- Coconut Oil
1. Half avocado and lime
2. Scoop avocado out of shell and place in vitamix along with the juice if whole lime
3. Set mixture aside.
ON STOVETOP: (prep simultaneously)
1. Toast 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread (I put mine in small cast iron pan with coconut oil to get a slight crispy finish)
2. Heat dry pan, add 1 T olive oil over med-low heat.
3. Add 2 eggs and fry.
4. Smear avocado mixture to piece of toast, sprinkle coarse sea salt or Malden Salt
5. Top with egg and sprinkle crushed red pepper
6. Boom diggity, time to chow down.
Calories per “toast” 237
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated 3 g
Total Carbs 19 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 10 g